Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Online Learning Weeks 2- 3

Hello All!
I hope you are well. I am also hoping that we can connect in a video chat over the next week; either before or after Easter.
*Watch both spaces for a notice of a meet up!

Things you need to be doing:


  • Finnie Walsh: Reading goals: 
    • Read up till end of Period 1 by Monday April 13.
    • Complete Period 2 by Monday April 20
    • Complete reading Period 3 by Monday April 27
    • Finish reading the book by Wednesday April 29
    • Assignment: Just one so far: Characters and Foreshadowing: you should have completed this by the end of this week.
    • more assignments to come, so keep on reading the novel!
  • Tiny Concert: Part 1 and 2:
    • Almost everyone has posted their link into the comments. Several people said they had a difficult time posting their link. (just copy and paste into comment section on classroom, if not, email me your link)
    • Part 2 is now up!  This is an assignment. There is a due date set for next week.
  • Kindness Diaries:
    • I have heard from two people who do not have Netflix and can not watch the episodes. Sorry but I have not been able to find them any where else online. 
    • *I will be posting an alternative question each Friday for those who are unable to watch along. (you'll just comment on the  KD assignment in GC)
  • Travel Blogger:
    • Since this is a New Media, English 11 course it was always my intention that you guys try on the hat of a travel blogger. So in the here and now, you get that chance. 
    • As a post script (P.S.) to this assignment: as some of you know it is my family's plan to travel abroad next year. Our plans have had to adjust and will adjust again as time unfolds the world situation; however, there is a very real possibility that my family and I will be visiting the exact same travel destination you will be writing about. So your research is NOT in VAIN!
  • Report cards:
    • Your term 3 report cards are coming out next week: they will be online.
    • We have had clear instructions from Mrs. Hamblett that ONLY the work done BEFORE Spring Break should contribute to the term 3 grade.  Everything we do after the Spring Break will contribute to term 4 marks.
I hope this gives you a good grasp on what we are working on and towards over the next week and following. I'll be gathering us together for a chat soon - just let me figure out the technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment